Glazed Orange Cookies.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, glazed orange cookies. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Glazed Orange Cookies is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Glazed Orange Cookies is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have glazed orange cookies using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Glazed Orange Cookies:
- Get 1 1/4 Cup of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of baking powder.
- Take 1/8 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Take 1/2 Cup of Granulated sugar.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of Grated orange zest.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of fresh orange juice.
- Take 1/2 of an egg.
- Make ready of Orange Glaze.
- Get 3/4 Cup of icing sugar.
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon of Orange zest.
- Prepare of Fresh orange juice.
Instructions to make Glazed Orange Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius. Line a baking pan with parchment paper..
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside..
- In a small bowl, combine the the sugar and orange zest, rubbing them together with your fingers until the zest is completely incorporated into the sugar..
- Cream together the butter and the orange zest-infused sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and orange and mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. If the dough seems a little on the soft side, refrigerate it for up to 30 minutes..
- Scoop out the dough and roll them into balls, placing them 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until very lightly browned around the edges, but still pale in the middle. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes on the cookie sheet, and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely..
- Make the Sweet Orange Glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar, orange zest, and enough orange juice to achieve the desired consistency (less juice for a thicker glaze, more for a thinner one). Spread glaze over top of the cooled cookies, and allow to set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Store at room temperature in an airtight container (divide layers with wax paper so the cookies don't stick together)..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food glazed orange cookies recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!