Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars:
- Make ready of For the rhubarb puree.
- Make ready 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- Take 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare of For the cream cheese shortbread.
- Take 5 oz of low-fat cream cheese.
- Take 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Get 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Get 1 1/3 cups of flour.
- Take of For the rhubarb curd.
- Make ready 4 of eggs.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Make ready 1 cup of rhubarb puree.
- Take 1/2 can of pitted, dark, sweet, cherries in heavy syrup chopped.
- Take 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare of red dye.
- Take 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Take 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lemon.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1/2 cup of flour.
Steps to make Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars:
- Opt for thinner, red rhubarb stalks — When choosing your rhubarb from the store or farmers market, go for the stalks that are mostly red and thinner. These stalks will be sweeter than the thick green ones..
- In a medium pot, combine chopped rhubarb, sugar, and water and heat over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the rhubarb is completely broken down. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed and incorporate flour. Press dough firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges. Bake for 15 minutes..
- While the shortbread is cooking, make the rhubarb curd! In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients except for the flour. Here is also where I added the cherries and brown sugar. Use as much red dye as you’d like, and remember that the color will fade a bit during cooking. Once mixed, whisk in the flour..
- Pour the rhubarb curd on top of the cream cheese shortbread, then bake for an additional 20 minutes to set the rhubarb..
- Cool bars for at least 4 hours in fridge..
- Then cut and top with powdered sugar! Serve & Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!