Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, scottish shortbread. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Scottish Shortbread is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Scottish Shortbread is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have scottish shortbread using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Scottish Shortbread:
- Make ready 1 lb of butter softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4-4 1/2 cups of flour (approximately).
- Get Pinch of salt.
Steps to make Scottish Shortbread:
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Sift flour and salt.
- Add about 4 cups of flour to butter mixture a 1/2 cup or so at a time mixing thoroughly between additions until dough forms a ball adding more flour as needed.
- Roll out into a rectangle or press evenly into a 9 by 12 baking pan (I use a glass baking pan).
- About 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick, score with a knife into approximate 1 1/2 x 3 inch pieces and dock with a fork.
- Bake in a 325 Degree oven for 60 to 75 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes and cut along score marks while still warm, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Yield 24 biscuits.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food scottish shortbread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!