Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce. Chicken- and cheese-stuffed corn tortillas baked under a creamy sauce infused with hot green chiles. Adjust the amount of chopped chiles to suit your taste! Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce.
Add the onion and chili powder and cook until And I never thought I would be making enchilada sauce using canned soup let alone not making it. A super easy and simple enchilada recipe with a heavenly creamy white sauce that's completely homemade! I'm always in the mood for enchiladas but I always feel a little bit guilty Then you make the sauce by starting with a roux and then adding some chicken broth, sour cream, and green chiles.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken- and cheese-stuffed corn tortillas baked under a creamy sauce infused with hot green chiles. Adjust the amount of chopped chiles to suit your taste! Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce.
Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce:
- Make ready of Whole rotisserie chicken.
- Get 4 cups of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 10-12 of large flour or corn tortillas or 16 smaller ones.
- Take of Sauce.
- Prepare 6 Tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of flour.
- Get 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Mexican oregano.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 8 oz of chopped green chili with liquid.
- Take of Milk (add to desired consistency as sauce thickens 1-2 cups).
- Get 1 cup of sour cream.
Chicken, green chilies and cheese, rolled in floured tortillas and smothered in a creamy homemade sauce. I love that these enchiladas are so quick and easy to put together, especially with leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. This Chicken Enchiladas Recipe is a perfect way to use your leftover chicken or turkey. I made these Enchiladas using a Hatch green chili sauce, but red.
Instructions to make Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce:
- Remove all meat from the chicken, discarding bones and skin. You should get 4-6 cups of meat when diced..
- Mix 2 cups of cheese with the diced chicken and set aside..
- For the sauce: melt butter in a large pan. Add flour and spices and whisk over medium heat for a few minutes until flour is cooked..
- Add the chicken broth and green chilies. Whisk over medium heat and add milk until you get a nice sauce consistency. Medium thick is what I went for..
- Add the sour cream. Adjust seasonings to your taste..
- Place about a cup of sauce in the bottom of large baking dish. You may need 2 baking dishes. I used one large lasagna pan and one medium sized one..
- Fill the tortillas with about 1/2 cup of chicken and cheese down the center and roll up. Place seam side down in the pan and continue process until chicken is gone..
- Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Top with the remaining 2 cups of cheese..
- Bake at 425 F for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and nicely golden brown on top..
How to Make Chicken Enchiladas w/Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and chilies. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Chicken breast, tortillas served in a creamy sour cream green chili sauce. These are perhaps the best chicken enchiladas I have ever made and they couldn't be easier.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!