Coconut Cream Pie. Sweetened toasted coconut is stirred into a homemade custard filling and poured into a pie shell. This is a tried-and-true, old-fashioned coconut cream pie. Took many years of searching and baking.
Easy old-fashioned Coconut Cream Pie is homemade with a creamy coconut pudding filling and whipped cream topping. This AMAZING Pie is a crowd favorite. Coconut cream pie is a diner classic, but there's no reason you can't make it at home.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, coconut cream pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sweetened toasted coconut is stirred into a homemade custard filling and poured into a pie shell. This is a tried-and-true, old-fashioned coconut cream pie. Took many years of searching and baking.
Coconut Cream Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Coconut Cream Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have coconut cream pie using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Cream Pie:
- Prepare 1 of Baked pie crust.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 cups of whole milk.
- Make ready 4 of egg yolks.
- Take 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweetened flake coconut.
- Make ready 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Make ready 2 cups of Heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
Cover the coconut cream pie with plastic wrap and chill it until the filling is firm. Foolproof Coconut Cream Pie – Kitchen Conundrums with Thomas Joseph. Mounds of fluffy coconut-cream cheese whipped cream, creamy coconut custard filling and a crisp buttery pie crust! Then, top the coconut cream pie with a little more toasted coconut.
Instructions to make Coconut Cream Pie:
- Bake your favorite pie crust according to directions. Set aside and cool..
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in sauce pan. Whisk egg yolks and whole milk in bowl. Whisk into sugar and cornstarch mixture in saucepan over medium heat. Continue whisking until creamy..
- Remove custard from heat. Add butter, coconut, and vanilla. Stir until all is incorporated. Place plastic wrap directly over custard in pan to prevent air. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes..
- Spoon custard into baked pie crust. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Add sugar towards end of whipping. Pipe or spoon cream over the top of the custard. Garnish with toasted coconut. Enjoy..
At this point, you can either slice the pie and serve it or refrigerate it until you're ready to enjoy it! Coconut cream pie, to be exact! This Coconut Cream Pie is made with a coconut custard filling and a coconut whipped cream, all topped with toasted coconut! It's a classic pie that is wonderfully delicious! I've never had coconut cream pie but that looks AMAZING!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food coconut cream pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!