Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, green sour cream chicken enchilada layers. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have green sour cream chicken enchilada layers using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers:
- Get 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chili powder.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Take 1/8-1/4 tsp of cayenne.
- Take 1 bunch of cilantro – tied with kitchen twine.
- Take of Enough water to cover chicken in pot.
- Take 2 (14 oz) of cans green enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 12 of small soft white corn tortillas.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Get 2 tbs of flour.
- Get 3/4 cup of sour cream.
Instructions to make Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers:
- Place chicken in a 2 quart sauce pan. Sprinkle with next 5 ingredients. Top with cilantro bundle. Add enough water to cover chicken by 1 inch. Cover. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 15-20 minutes..
- Drain chicken. Use 2 forks to carefully shred. Place shredded chicken in a bowl. Pour 3/4 of the first can of sauce over chicken. Stir to combine. Pour remaining 1/4 can of sauce in bottom of a 6×8 casserole (usually a 2 quart). Swirl to coat. Set both aside..
- Rinse sauce pan used to cook chicken. Place on stove over medium heat. Add butter. When melted wisk in flour for 1 minute. Wisk in second can of sauce until thickened..
- When sauce has thickened remove from heat. Let sit off heat for about 2 minutes to cool slightly. Wisk in sour cream..
- Assemble: arrange 4 tortillas on top of sauce in dish (they will be overlapping), arrange half the chicken evenly over tortillas, sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken, drizzle 1/3 of the sour cream sauce over cheese. Top with four more tortillas, second half of chicken another 1/2 cup of cheese and another 1/3 of the sauce. Finish with last 4 tortillas, then remaining sauce. Finally sprinkle evenly with last cup of cheese..
- Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into 6-8 pieces. Serve with Mexican inspired sides if desired. Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food green sour cream chicken enchilada layers recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!