Coconut Cream Pie. Sweetened toasted coconut is stirred into a homemade custard filling and poured into a pie shell. This is a tried-and-true, old-fashioned coconut cream pie. Took many years of searching and baking.
Easy old-fashioned Coconut Cream Pie is homemade with a creamy coconut pudding filling and whipped cream topping. This AMAZING Pie is a crowd favorite. Coconut cream pie is a diner classic, but there's no reason you can't make it at home.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, coconut cream pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sweetened toasted coconut is stirred into a homemade custard filling and poured into a pie shell. This is a tried-and-true, old-fashioned coconut cream pie. Took many years of searching and baking.
Coconut Cream Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Coconut Cream Pie is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook coconut cream pie using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Cream Pie:
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- Take 4 of lg egg yolks.
- Make ready 1 cup of sugar.
- Take 4 Tbl of cornstarch.
- Make ready 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1 cup of coconut, divided.
- Make ready 1 of 9” pie crust, baked.
- Make ready of Meringue.
- Make ready 4 of lg egg whites.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of vanilla.
- Take 1/4 cup of coconut; for garnish.
Cover the coconut cream pie with plastic wrap and chill it until the filling is firm. Foolproof Coconut Cream Pie – Kitchen Conundrums with Thomas Joseph. Mounds of fluffy coconut-cream cheese whipped cream, creamy coconut custard filling and a crisp buttery pie crust! Then, top the coconut cream pie with a little more toasted coconut.
Steps to make Coconut Cream Pie:
- Line baked pie crust with 1/4 cup coconut.
- In large, heavy saucepan, heat milk to almost boiling..
- In small bowl, mix egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and salt. Pour mixture into hot milk. Cook until thickened. Add remaining coconut. Cool slightly..
- Make meringue: beat egg whites with cream of tartar until dissolved. Turn mixer to high and beat until stiff peaks form. Add sugar slowly. Add vanilla..
- Spread meringue on top of hot pie, sealing to the edge of the crust. Top with reserved coconut. Bake meringue at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until meringue browns slightly..
- ALTERNATIVELY, use toasted coconut for lining pie crust and garnishing..
At this point, you can either slice the pie and serve it or refrigerate it until you're ready to enjoy it! Coconut cream pie, to be exact! This Coconut Cream Pie is made with a coconut custard filling and a coconut whipped cream, all topped with toasted coconut! It's a classic pie that is wonderfully delicious! I've never had coconut cream pie but that looks AMAZING!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food coconut cream pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!